- Joan MacDonald is a 74-year-old fitness influencer with over 772,000 Instagram followers.
- Her daughter and coach, Michelle MacDonald, provided Insider with Joan’s typical weekly workout.
- Though I thought I was in pretty good shape before starting the week’s workout, I realized there were muscles I hadn’t been using in my own workouts before.
- MacDonald’s workout is more intense than I am used to, but I am going to incorporate elements of it into my own daily workout routine.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Joan MacDonald became a fitness influencer after she used workouts devised by her daughter and lost over 60 pounds. The 74-year-old started an Instagram account to track her progress and has gained hundreds of thousands of followers.
After seeing her incredible progress, I was interested in what type of workouts she did daily to maintain such an impressive physique. I wondered if I would be able to do the workouts, and how challenging they might be.
MacDonald’s daughter has a fitness account of her own, @yourhealthyhedonista, which has over 127,000 followers. She provided Insider with a week’s workout that would match her mother’s normal routine.
The workout routine involved lower, upper, and total body workouts, and I could do almost all of the exercises with just a yoga mat and weights. It was entirely different from my normal workout routine, which involves walking or jogging 3 to 4 miles a day and doing crunches and squats.
Take a look at what it was like trying a 74-year-old fitness influencer’s daily workout routine for a week.